Exercise care with your candle:
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that could catch fire.
- The glass jars will get hot; you should not touch or move a burning candle, and ensure the surface it is on is heat resistant; never burn candles on a glass or marble surface.
- Leave at least 15cm (6") between burning candles.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always keep candles well away from children and pets.
In addition, the very helpful Nazir Ali, Senior Trading Standards Officer at Tower Hamlets Borough Council wants us to give you the following advice.